Saturday, January 31, 2009


December 9, 2008
The North Charleston Performing Arts Center
North Charleston, SC

David Byrne -
Intro
Strange Overtones
I Zimbra
One Fine Day
Help Me Somebody
Houses in Motion
My Big Nurse
My Big Hands
Heaven
Home
Poor Boy
Crosseyed and Painless
Life is Long
Once in a Lifetime
Life During Wartime
Feel My Stuff
Take Me to the River
The Great Curve
Air
Burning Down the House
Everything that Happens

Bonus Beats:

July, 1994
World Cafe
Radio Broadcast

David Byrne -
Interview part i
God's Child
Interview part ii
My Love Is You
Interview part iii
And She Was
Interview part iv
Road To Nowhere
Interview part v

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanx. i regret having missed mr. byrne when he came through my town.
it would've been fantastic to see him play this stuff live...

Mike said...

Anon,
Thanks for the comment. Truthfully, I am a little disappointed by the energy at this show. But I have seen DB a few times in the last few years and his last studio effort is great. I am hoping the show is better in person than on tape.
Mike

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for this. I saw Byrne at Austin City Limits fest last Sept, with much of the same set, limited to an hour, but I have to say the energy was tremendous. Byrne actually commented on that in his blog. He had another show in Austin the night before, but I couldn't stomach $50 more after doing $85 for ACL tix. In hindsight, I should have pawned my firstborn or something... would've been worth it for the full set.

Bob Loblaw said...

I have to vent, so hear me out. We're on a Byrne binge in this house, and we can't Stop Making Sense! We're even going to peruse his ACL set on Netflix, even though it's nearly identical to the Chapel Hill concert, which is tremendous. But we just noticed that he's playing at the Greek in Berkeley in June '09. Guess how much tickets are! $90!!! Is it worth it to drop $300 on David Byrne? Absolutely, but is it still cringeworthy? I mean, how can poor college students afford that? Anyway, I suppose we'll bite the bullet, but Ticketmaster has GOT to be the biggest evil that exists. Next time play the Shoreline, David!!! (And why do all the people attending a Mark Knopfler or David Byrne show look so damn zombie-like? Comon!!!)