Saturday, November 01, 2008


February 16, 1977
Ivanhoe Theater
Chicago

Herbie Hancock:
Radio Introduction
Chameleon
Hang Up Your Hangups
Station ID
Maiden Voyage
It Remains To Be Seen
People Music

With
Herbie Hancock - keyboards
Jaco Pastorius - bass
Bennie Maupin - sax
James Levi - drums

I've also seen the setlist as:
Cantaloupe Island (Alternate title for "It Remains To Be Seen"?)
Hang Up Your Hang Ups
Maiden Voyage
Jaco Bass Solo
People Music
Chameleon

I don't know the right order, maybe someone out there can tell me.
I guess the radio station didn't think Jaco's solo would play well on the air, because that seems to be the only number that was cut from the radio edit.

3 comments:

ib said...

Nice post, this. HH is one of those musicians I have to prod myself occasionally just to remind me how good he can be.

The exposure on Art Decade over the last couple of years has helped remedy that.

Peewit said...

Thanks for this, I really only know HH from his singles which are clearly unrepresentative of hiswork. A friend who is a hard core jazz fan has been raving about him for years now I know what he's on about

Anonymous said...

lovely - thanks a bunch